The Upper Cumberland Development District has an opening for a TSBDC Small Business Specialist. The TSBDC Small Business Specialist is a trained business professional with the experience and expertise to help existing and aspiring entrepreneurs realize their full potential. The SBDC SBS should have a highly diverse business background, bringing the breadth and depth of his/her experience to bear on the problems faced by today’s entrepreneurs.
- Conduct extensive business development functions
- Developing a business or strategic plan
- Plans, conducts, and coordinates training workshops and seminars for clients
- Documents client visits, progress, and economic impact in the center IC database
- Develops and prepares loan applications
- Tapping sources that can provide business valuations, customer lists, site analysis, and demographic and competitor information
- Analyzing and assisting with cash flow projections. Determine business growth potential and capital needs
- Exploring financing options and assisting in developing financial plans for banks and investors
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent communicator
- Problem solver and critical thinker
- Ability to manage numerous tasks simultaneously
- Comfort in leading training across the region
Qualified applicants should hold a degree in business or related program. Entrepreneurial experience is also preferred. Interested applicants should complete an online application, found here, and/or submit a resume to email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer