The Upper Cumberland Development District’s Area Agency on Aging and Disability (AAAD) will receive sealed proposals for the provision of the following services:
- Transportation: Provision of transportation services using a service provider vehicle for persons aged 60 and older who require help in going from one location to another for activities such as but not limited to, shopping for groceries, medical and other healthcare-related appointments, pharmacy pickups, meal sites, and socialization.
- Senior Centers: The purpose of the senior center is to facilitate the social, emotional, and physical well-being of adults age 60 and over as a part of a comprehensive and coordinated system of community-based services and activities.
- PERS: Provision of electronic equipment which connects frail elderly individuals aged 60 and older or people who have disabilities with participating hospitals, paramedics, or other sources of emergency assistance.
- Legal: Provision of legal advice and representation by an attorney to persons aged 60 and older with emphasis given to those individuals who are institutionalized, homebound, and isolated as well as low-income, minorities.
- Ombudsman: Provision of services to protect the health, safety, welfare, and rights of persons aged 60 and older who are residents of long-term care facilities.
- Public Guardianship Legal Services: Provide legal advice regarding Tennessee law as it relates to Conservatorships, represent the Public Guardianship program as the attorney of record, perform records research for clients as needed, make court appearances on behalf of program in all county district service areas, and prepare petitions, motions, orders, pleadings and notices related to clients of the program.
The AAAD contracts for services in the fourteen-county region of the Upper Cumberland (Cannon, Clay, Cumberland, Dekalb, Fentress, Jackson, Macon, Overton, Pickett, Putnam, Smith, Van Buren, Warren, and White). Interested parties are encouraged to contact Jennifer Birdwell at (931)476-4164 or firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a Request for Proposal (RFP) packet. Proposals shall be submitted no later than the close of business on March 31, 2022. Bid openings will take place at Upper Cumberland Development District (1104 England Dr.; Cookeville, Tenn. 38501) on April 4, 2022, at 9:30 a.m.