The Upper Cumberland Development District is advertising for a Service Coordinator.
- Assist residents in identifying, locating and acquiring the services necessary for them to remain self reliant and age in place in their own homes.
- Effective in establishing and maintaining good relationships with residents.
- Schedule on-site educational and service programs with local agencies and service providers in the community.
- Promote wellness activities for all residents.
- Educate residents, families, and other staff on available community resources.
- Successful with keeping residents informed through community and resident meetings, flyers, referral system, bulletin board, etc. of appropriate community organization information, continuing education, support groups, and resident and community activities.
- Act as a liaison between community agencies, service providers, and residents.
- Advocate and may negotiate on behalf of residents for adequate, timely and cost effective provision of services.
- Meet with Service Providers as needed and appropriate. Maintain and promote open communication with Community Service Providers to ensure consistency and teamwork.
- Efficiently maintains confidential resident files in secure area, including documentation of interactions, plans and service referrals.
- Facilitates educational programs for residents and family members related to health, wellness, safety, financial assistance, resident rights or other appropriate information.
- Successful at maintaining current knowledge of federal and state programs for the elderly and disabled individual population.
- Effectively establishes and maintains contacts and visibility in the community through professional affiliations, networking, meetings with advisory and/or advocacy groups and others.
- Attends Continuing Education classes as needed.
In addition to the above: Any other duties assigned by the Housing & Family Services Director, RCP Director, or the UCDD Executive Director.
- Understanding the Americans with Disability Act
- Title IV Certification
- Team building
- Work with support systems for elderly
- Budget oriented
Interested applicants should submit resume no later than 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, December 21, 2017 to: Upper Cumberland Development District, 1225 South Willow Avenue, Cookeville, Tennessee 38506-4194, Attention: Tammy O’Dell.